Whitby District Lion’s Boxing Day Dip; Only The Brave!

Whitby District Lion’s Boxing Day Dip. Are you brave enough to take a dip in the North Sea this boxing day?

Why not take part in Whitby District Lions Club sponsored boxing day dip and help raise money for charity.

Whitby Lions Boxing Day Dip

It has become somewhat of a tradition in our beautiful little seaside town to enjoy a rather refreshing dip in the North Sea on Boxing Day morning. After all, what better way to cure your late festive blues than participating in the fun and friendly charity event in aid of a charity close to your heart and Whitby Lions which support many local community charities and good causes?

This fun and frantic event has now been running over the last 45 years, seeing numbers soar from a handful of brave local citizens to over 150 eager individuals travelling from far and wide, desperate to run into the wintery ice-cold waves of the North Sea. The Whitby Lions Boxing Day Dip is an institution amongst the local community.

Have you booked your accommodation yet?

If your looking for accommodation for your stay in Whitby then click on the button below to browse availability for your chosen dates.
Search Accommodation Availability
Whitby Lions Club Boxing Day Dip 2018
Whitby Lions Club Boxing Day Dip 2018

Although as you’d expect at the Whitby Lions Boxing Day Dip, you are more likely to see the big numbers witnessing the excitement from the side-lines.

The intention is of course that the participants of the Whitby Lions Boxing Day Dip get sponsored, with 80% of funds raised donated to the charity of their choice and the remaining 20% helping many local charities which are supported by Whitby District Lions each year.

It is also a great opportunity to raise money for a special charity close to your heart to say thank you for all their efforts and support during the year. The Whitby Lions Boxing Day Dip has become a traditional family friendly event with many families meeting up after Christmas Day to spending a lovely Boxing Day morning together.

When the weather outside is frightful, does a dip in the sea sound delightful?

2017 saw over nearly £10,000.00 raised, with this year hoping to raise even more funds for local causes. The Whitby Lions Boxing Day Dip kicks off at 10am on Boxing Day morning, with registration and fancy-dress judging taking place at the Bandstand, followed by a casual jog into the sea.

Registration forms available from The Whitby Pet Shop, 15 Station Square, Whitby or please contact Lion Chris or Brian Harrison by email at robertharrison.sons@gmail.com or on 01947 897249 for further details.

Whitby Lions would like to thank the St Johns Ambulance Service and Whitby Diving Club for providing safety and medical cover and also to Esk Valley Coaches.

Whitby's boxing day dip

Whitby's boxing day dip

 

Have you booked your accommodation yet?

If your looking for accommodation for your stay in Whitby then click on the button below to browse availability for your chosen dates.
Search Accommodation Availability

Loving the Whitby’s annual boxing day dip? Pin it! 

Thomas Paylor
About Thomas Paylor 113 Articles
Hello everyone and welcome to The Whitby Guide. I'm part of a local Whitby family and love sharing great content that helps promote the town. Your comments are welcome, please share this page with your friends and help spread the Whitby love. If you want to contribute to The Whitby Guide, then please get in touch here

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*